Friday, May 27, 2016

Stay patient & trust your journey!

As the school year comes to an end, we all have so many emotions with our students leaving, taking the summer off (or working summer school), possibly taking new jobs, and preparing to start all over again in the fall!  

This school year has been a whirlwind for me as I was pregnant and gone for 3 months on maternity leave.  Adding a new baby to our family after 13 years has been quite an adjustment!  And for those of you who know me, I work at a priority school with extended hours so balancing work and home life has definitely been a struggle.

But one thing remains.... IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!

Not only did I still see significant gains in my students (writing paragraphs, doing multiplication, etc), but I finally earned my Board Certification in Whole Brain Teaching!  I am the 18th person in the world to receive this honor!  My goal was to be in the top 20 so I just made it!


I am so proud of my students for showing their invincible grit and sticking out this process with me!  Each time Coach made a change to our videos, they were able to adapt & try again!  I am so blessed to be their teacher and I will miss them all next year!




If you click on my WBT tab, you can see my journey and you will know that it has been a long road but a road so worth it!  When I started, I was the only person in my area doing WBT & most people were not interested in learning about it either!  So, if you are the only one at your school, in your district, or even in your state, don't give up and remember what a difference YOU are making in the lives of students!


WBT changed my life & I know it changes my students lives as well.  That is why I believe in it so much!  I am SO blessed to be a part of this community of educators changing lives all over the world!

I feel as though I was led to WBT for a reason and as a Christian, I know God as a plan for me in WBT!  I was also happy to find out when I attended my first National Conference, that WBT is a Christian based organization & I just loved that Coach said a prayer at the end of each day!  God has blessed me with this opportunity and I am so excited to live out his will for me!


I will also be taking a job at a new school next year.  I will be going to teach at my very own elementary school!  My 3rd grade teacher is still there and my Kindergarten teacher just retired.  It will be a new journey for me but also a new chance to share WBT with more people!

This is a thank you to everyone who supported me along the way!  Especially my husband, Nancy Stoltenberg, Erin Berkley, Sarah Meador, Farrah Shipley, and Coach B!

Erin was with me when I found WBT and agreed to go on this crazy journey with me!  Last year when I was working on my certification video, I was getting frustrated and sent her this note!  I was looking for more critical thinking for my WBT lesson.

She wrote this back & saved the note for when I finally got certified!  Thank you for believing in me!

Being among a group of motivated, supportive educators who put student needs first has been such a blessing to me.

I can only hope to inspire others, especially my students, to show their INVINCIBLE GRIT & never give up!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Heidi! Your drive and hard work paid off! I wish you all the best as you continue to teach and inspire children and other educators!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, I could not have done this without you! You are such a blessing to me and so many others! Thank you for all your hard work!

      Delete
  2. Awww I'm glad you pointed this out to me! I knew you were gonna get it, just a matter of time :). Thanks for letting me come on this crazy journey with you! I'm sad I'm gonna have to watch it from afar next year but your new school is super lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete