Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Made It ~ July 27th, 2015


OMG it has been awhile since I posted a Monday Made It!  I have had such a busy year so far!  I bought a house in February & got married in April!  I cannot wait to blog about all the wedding DIY I did!  I have so much to share!  So.... let's get started!


I did almost everything for the wedding myself, including my bouquet!  I made this from flowers I found at Hobby Lobby and just had to have!  Then I had a ton of pearls that I found from the thrift shop (started shopping early!) so I used those to wrap it up.  I had some jewels that I also got from a thrift shop that I put all around in the flowers.  The jewel in the picture though, is actually my something old.  My mom's ring that she got from her mom! <3


My other big news from this year is that I was asked to come on board as Whole Brain Teaching Staff!  I am working toward certification and am so honored and blessed to be able to work with such amazing teachers!  So I have been hard at work getting my classroom ready to step my WBT game up!  

Here are some things I have created!


This unit is BRAND NEW!  I will be running a flash freebie on this sometime soon so be sure to follow my TpT Store and WBT Facebook Page to catch the FREEBIE!

There are over 75 pages of activities to use with WBT's SuperSpeed 100!




Get this unit by CLICKING HERE!

I actually quit actually teaching spelling for the past 2 years because the lists & books we were given never made sense!  I feel like it confused the kids even more & they never retained it!  

Why was I teaching them to spell words when we had not even studied them yet!  

So, when I started using WBT's Super Speed Games, my students were reading the words like pro's but they would still have trouble spelling them when they were writing.  I am sort of a spelling/grammar nazi so I decided I NEEDED to teach spelling again!

So, I created this unit that works with Super Speed 100!  Now sight words, fluency, AND SPELLING all makes sense again!

I will eventually be working on an advanced version of this unit to go along with Super Speed 1000 but who knows when that might be ready!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have also created a Speed Read Unit to go along with both Super Speed 100 and Super Speed 1000! (Which you can also download for FREE in my store!)

I wanted some easy but different ways for my students to practice these words & these are also perfect to leave with a sub!




And now a FREEBIE!  I have updated the WBT Rules to include the new DIAMOND rule!  You can get your copy for FREE by clicking the link above!




Okay, next BIG NEWS for the year!


For those of you who do not know, I have a daughter who actually turns 13 today!  So, now we are starting all over with a little boy!  This ultrasound is from awhile ago so yeah, I do not see anything either!  :)  

We are super excited but I am also nervous to leave my classroom!  I would love to hear some tips from those of you who have been on maternity leave before!  When I had my daughter I was not a teacher yet!  Leave me a comment to let me know how you cope! .... Especially since I am sort of a control freak when it comes to my class!


This one is still sort of a work in progress.  I am creating a progressive Add the Room bundle!  So far, I have September and October posted in my store!  These are based off the Common Core Standards & will progress along with the standards.  

All students love to read, write, and add the room!  Plus, it is a perfect activity for assessment!







Thank you so much for sharing this Monday Made It with me!  

I hope to hear from you!  





















8 comments:

  1. Your wedding flower bouquet is gorgeous! Congratulations on baby:) You've been crazy busy with the Made Its!!
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it has been a BUSY year! I have so many more wedding made-its to share, I just have to find time to organize the pics!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! I'm sure it will be so different the second time around, but what an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Starting all over?! So crazy! But it will be different being OLDER and more stable for sure! And it is my husbands first child so his family will all by flying in to help! That will be nice! I am so scared about maternity leave though!

      Delete
  3. Your bouquet turned out beautifully. I wore my grandparents rings as something old and my mom's ring as something borrowed. It was so meaningful! Congratulations on your baby boy!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! The wedding was so great but I have to say I am so glad it is over! I could never be a wedding planner! And thank you so much!

      Delete
    2. I felt the SAME way when we were finished with our wedding. I had to take a break this past year from blogging due to planning. I think my first post back after 8 months was about the wedding...not even teacher related. Lol!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your house, wedding and baby. What a big year!

    I have a 2 1/2 year old. A couple of thoughts on maternity leave:
    1) Line up a great sub as soon as you can. I am now friends with my long-term sub-- she's great!
    2) Start a binder at the beginning of the school year. Put in those papers you get at back-to-school PD like the yearly duty list, pacing guides, etc. Keep them up-to-date as the year goes on.
    3) On the binder, include notes on curriculum, etc. I had tabs like how I organized my room/files, important passwords they would have to use, classroom management system, grading system, etc. I also included a page of a typical day in my classroom where I walked through all the little details like what time we lined up to get to specials on time, what doors to use, etc.
    4) Have a helpful teammate who is willing to answer questions.
    5) Do a crossover day if at all possible-- my sub came in and watched me teach, asked questions, etc. It is great if you have high needs/ behaviors so they can see that you know this is their teacher and you expect them to treat her as such.
    6) Enjoy your maternity time! It goes by so quickly! Take as much as you can. (That being said, I was kinda itchy to go back-- don't feel bad if you feel the same).

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete