Friday, October 31, 2014

So, I Read a Book... A Book Club Linky

Seriously, I feel like I have NO time to do things for ME! So, when Megan over at Cardigans and Caffeine offered up a book club linky, I had to join in. YES, I am a little behind in posting/linking up with the first book club choice, This Is Where I Leave You. I didn't know what to expect when I purchased the book, but I am not upset that I did! I was able to force myself to take some time out of my day/evening to read. So, here's my linky....


This book was an excellent choice. I felt like I was able to relate to certain parts of the madness this family was going through. I mean, who has a family that doesn't have a bit of craziness at some point?! I sure know mine does! I also did find that there were times that many of the scenarios that played out did make me feel better about my life, since it isn't quite that dysfunctional... okay, no where near it! 

I totally agree with Janine over at Faithful in First when she said that she was left wondering, "what happens next?" I too was creating scenarios in my head when I finished the story. 

One of the parts that bothered me were the reoccurring prosthetic leg dreams... Was this supposed to be symbolic of something? I felt like the dreams were distracting at times. What do you think? 

Thank you for hosting this linky, Megan! I can't wait for the next book club!! If you want to join up, head over to Cardigans and Caffeine for more info!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm going back around to look at thoughts from our first book. I completely agree with you about the prosthetic limb dreams. I was thinking maybe because he was missing Jen, he was missing his leg? Or because Paul was attacked by the dog, Judd was thinking he was and was missing a leg from it? No idea...

    Love your pun about taking the cake :)

    ReplyDelete