Saturday, October 04, 2014

October Currently

Did I really just write that? October? It is really October??? Ah! I love OCTOBER but this means my baby turns 6 in two short weeks. Six sounds so much older than five. Anyway, I decided to get on here and join Heidi in her efforts to keep our blog alive and current. Speaking of current, I am joining up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for her October Currently link up. This is my first time linking up and I am a bit excited! So, here it goes...


As I just mentioned, my son, Deagan is turning six this month, which means he is in kindergarten. This first month has been a roller coaster with him starting school at the same school as me. Deagan is a spirited little boy and we have had some challenges with setting boundaries in a school setting over the last couple years. I think we finally have some consistency in the classroom and Deagan is making some great progress with his behavior. He is also really woking on his reading skills and I am currently listening to him play a word game on the iPad. He just LOVES to learn new words!


Speaking of iPads, my donorschoose.org project for a classroom iPad was funded by US Cellular over night! WOO HOO! Last year, I was featured in an article in our local newspaper for using donorschoose.org to fund classroom projects. This year, my goal is to have more projects funded than last year. I don't know if I will out beat the dollar amount funded though, since I did get a 3D printer through and Almost Home Grant. 

As far as my thinking, wanting, and needing categories, I don't have any pictures for you! My house is a disaster and you don't want to see pictures of my messes! Laundry is so back piled and I just heard the washer finish up, so I should really be switching loads over right now! I really need to do the cleaning before I get the mums and pumpkins that I WANT for my front porch. I am not the only one that has fallen behind in laundry, right? 

I totally forgot to add my trick! In an effort to be balanced with my teaching and home life, I will share a trick I use. After school is over, I decide how late I want to stay and set a timer to go off 5 minutes before that time. That way I don't stay at work too long! This has helped keep me from staying at school until dinner time!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your project funded! That is always exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We have very limited technology at my school, so I am super excited!

      Delete
  2. I have a donors choose project for iPads and haven't gotten it funded.... Whats the secret? My kinders really need iPad's. I am happy for you though! Also, I hope your little one has a fabulous birthday! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest only requesting one at a time! This time, mine was funded by US Cellular, so I didn't have to do much work. Watch for special funding opportunities too. I would suggest joining The Caring Classroom page on Facebook. They have helped me fund TWO of my four projects last year. Right now they have a little contest going, so go now! :)

      Delete