Monday, October 27, 2014

Liebster Award - Who Us?

We are so surprised and honored to be nominated for an award so early in our blogging career! Our Liebster nomination came from the AMAZING Jillian Starr over at The Starr Spangled Planner. If you haven't stopped by her blog, please do! You will quickly fall in love with everything she does (TPT, Instagram, etc)!


When we first saw the nomination in a comment on our blog, we didn't even know what it was! Heck, we were just happy to have a comment on a post! Thankfully, Jillian did a little research and posted what the Liebster Award is all about. The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers. Accepting the award and nominating other up and coming bloggers is a great way to make connections with other bloggers just like you! Collaboration and learning from each other, is the whole reason we started this blog and we are happy to pay it forward!

Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
We just started blogging this summer (July 2014)! We had a rummage sale and spent our downtime picking our theme, name, etc!

What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?

Collaboration - because we work together to keep our blog interesting, up to date, and relevant for our readers! The whole point of blogging is to SHARE our ideas with others and support each other and our fellow bloggers!

Is there something you learned late in your blog journey that you wish you had known earlier?

Since we are so new, thankfully this has not happened yet!

What is your favorite past time besides blogging?

Heidi: I am obsessed with making products for my classroom & TpT! I also teach Zumba & love to spend time with my family!
Samantha: This may make me sound like an old lady, but I have started knitting, and love curling up with a good book. I also love other little craft projects, including designing jewelry and various projects for my classroom.

How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
Right now we do what we can! If we are not blogging, we are busy on social media! I would say each of us spend a couple hours each week on our blog!

What category of blog posts do you enjoy most?

Anything that can be used in our own classrooms. A better question is, what kind of blog posts do we dislike?
Where does your blogging inspiration come from?

Heidi: Mine comes from my students! I love watching them grow and I LOVE sharing it with you all!
Samantha: I totally agree with Heidi, my students are my inspiration! 

Which of your posts are you most proud of?

Samantha: The post I am most proud of is our first post. It was nothing special at all. However, after months and months of talking about starting a blog, we finally sat down and started! And. It. Felt. Good.
Heidi: I agree with Samantha! But I am also proud of my Whole Brain Teaching Blogs! I cannot believe the progress my students have made with WBT so I LOVE to share!

Is there any post that you are planning to do, but have been putting off for a while now?
Tons! Ideas for holidays, TpT Freebies, WBT progress, Samantha's Classroom Tour.... I could go on and on!

What is your favorite aspect of blogging?

Being able to share our ideas with others!

And now for the nominations...


Jenna over at Passionate About Primary (girl, you need to get a post up!)


And I was going to nominate Megan at Cardigans and Caffeine, but she JUST posted her acceptance post from another nomination. Bummer! Still and amazing blog!

And 213 followers is pretty darn close to 200, so we need to bend the rules a tad for our colleague, Amber over at Mrs. Unger's Unbelievable Elementary Experience! Without Amber, our blog may have never happened! We can't thank you enough for the encouragement, Amber! 




To those who have been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting:

1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out." (Follow their blog if you haven't already!) 

2. Answer the 10 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).

3. Nominate 5-10 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 10 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.

4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.

5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment