Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Made It: Luggage Tags, Dry Erase Sleeves, Planter, and More!

I'm linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It!
I totally had intentions to have many Made Its ready to post today but my reality is that I have multiple projects in process. Stay tuned for more next week!

My first project is a pair of luggage tags I made for a teacher friend to use when traveling on her honeymoon! I think they turned out much better than the ones I made for myself! Notice how her phone number is the only personal info shown on the tag. All other info can be accessed by scanning the QR code. I love how this feature, now creepers can't see your name or address easily! Yes, I'm weirded out by stuff like that!



Up next are some reusable dry erase sleeves to use in my small groups. I keep seeing these things every where but they were never a priority because of the price. Well, that all changed when I found a cheap version in the Dollar Spot at Target. I don't know if I told you this yet, but I am a Target addict. I know, I know, we are teachers, we all love Target, but I think I take it to a different level than most. Really, they should pay me for all of the advertising I do for them! Anyway, I really wasn't a fan of the colors of these bad boys but I bought them anyway. Then, I got this grand idea that it would be super easy to cover the primary colors with a little Duct Tape. I think it worked out great, what do you think?

 Before
After
Now on to a project that isn't quite complete... I need a little advice! Someone PLEASE HELP!
So, I had this planter sitting in my garage for some time now. I wish I had a before picture but I'm sure you can imagine how boring it was. I was thinking, this would be a fun little way to add some life addition to my classroom, so I added some color to it to make it match my classroom decor. Now, for the advice. I need to fill it with some plants but what do I put in it?! I need something that is hearty! Suggestions please! I will post pictures once there I add them to the planter!



And for my last Monday Made It... I finally started my own Teachers Pay Teachers store!  I can't believe I took that leap! Right now, I only have 3 items in my store and they are ALL FREE! I can't wait to start adding more! My store is named Keepin' It Classy in Second! Go check it out, follow me, and if you download a product, rate it please! 


That's all for now! By this time next week, I will have spent my first day working on my classroom! So much to do before then, yet it can't come soon enough!

-Samantha

2 comments:

  1. The luggage tags are adorable. I would love to offer advice on your plant project, but alas I have a black thumb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I thought they were quite cute too! And I have been better about keeping a handful of plants alive at home but they are green only, with no flowers. Maybe that is the trick for me?

      Delete