Friday, August 22, 2014

5 For Friday! {August 22}

Good Friday Morning!

Well this Friday I have way more than 5 but I will condense for you, I promise!  Since we are new bloggers, we are always looking for more linky parties!  Please comment below and let us know about your favorites!

I am linking up with DoodleBugs Teaching for 5 for Friday today!






 Okay so my first thing is one of my MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY diy projects I have been working on this summer!  I got the lamp itself at the thrift shop several weeks ago for $1 and have been looking for a shade for it.  Well, I went back to the thrift shop and found this diy lamp shade for $1!  It was so perfect because it was self adhesive!




I took some extra fabric that I had left over from my MANY other projects and got this amazing lamp for my reading area!


It looks so good in my classroom!  Can't wait to post pictures of my progress and classroom layout/theme!


Okay so I told you I have MANY diy projects so I just had to post one more this week!  I found this bar stool at a rummage sale.  When I am up in front of my students, sometimes I like to sit.  My other stool broke last year so I was hoping to find a new one!

As you can see.... IT'S UGLY!  
I had to do something!


So... I painted the legs and stapled some fabric around the top!  It is definitely not professionally done, but it will match my classroom.... and its super comfy!

Not a bad $5 investment!



I was so excited about this!!!  I LOVE SharkTank, how about you?  Well I watch on Tuesdays on CNBC Prime and it just so happened I logged into to twitter one night.  (I love Twitter but it just is not my first choice of social media!)  Well CNBC posted that the 1st 20 people to tweet a certain message could win a SharkTank Box!  

I am so serious when I say... I NEVER WIN!  But I did!  I messaged them my address and a couple days later, I got this awesome box with SharkTank Products!


I got BBQ Sauce, Eco Friendly Speakers, Energy Booster, Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter, and a Filtered Water Bottle!


FINALLY... some QT with my 2 favorite girls!  This summer has just flown by and I feel like all I have done is WORK!  I taught summer school so that really took away from my summer :(

BUT, I took my daughter & my niece and nephew to the zoo this week!  Our favorite animal is giraffes so we were super excited to be able to feed them!



Okay, my final one for today is so weird, I know!!!  

I am part of the STEM grant (it is a 3 year commitment & this is my 2nd year).  We train for 2 weeks over the summer.  One week in June and one week in August.  So this past week we took a field trip to the Dinosaur Museum in Kenosha, WI.

I love learning about stuff like this!  But this fact... is so weird....

The tour guide said that they now believe that all dinosaurs had feathers!  This was news to me!  I just cannot imagine a T-Rex with feathers?  How un-scary!

So when we visited the kids part, I had to draw this :)



So, that is it for my week!  Well.... that's 5 for this week ;)

Please comment and share your favorite linkys with us and link us to your blogs so we can visit you too!  Thank you for visiting!

Heidi




2 comments:

  1. I love your stool and lamp - good job! And congrats on the Shark Tank win, I don't win things either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafty! I love the stool and ESPECIALLY the lamp! So cute.

    -Meg
    TalesandTeacherisms

    ReplyDelete