Sunday, July 20, 2014

And We Are Off!


After 6 months of talking about starting a teaching blog, we are finally here and this is our blog! Let’s kick this blog off by getting to know a little about us. We both work in Southeastern Wisconsin, in an urban school district but we do not teach at the same school.  We met each other when we were substitute teachers and later found out we were neighbors!


Heidi


Welcome! My name is Heidi and this will be my third year in my own classroom!  I work at a Title 1 Priority School so that means I am with my students for 8 and a half (yes, 8½) hours everyday.  This is our 2nd year being a priority school (hopefully I survive)!  


This year (2014-2015), I am doing an internship with Whole Brain Teaching (the amazing and wonderful Mrs. Farrah Shipley) so I look forward to telling you more about that as well!


Besides school, I have a daughter in middle school and a fiance in the Army.  He is currently stationed in Texas.  Planning a wedding and learning to deal with a “tween” always keeps me on my toes!


I am excited to share my teaching and personal journey with you and I look forward to getting to know all of you!


Samantha

Howdy! My name is Samantha and I am the other half to this blog. This year will mark my second year of teaching in my own classroom. I am excited to start the new year, as I am switching schools and grade levels. Last year I was in my ideal grade level as a 4th grade teacher in a Title 1 year round school. This year, I am changing it up and teaching in second grade at my dream school! My new school is an International Baccalaureate (IB) and gifted and talented magnet school!


Outside of school, I am a mom to a fabulous five year old boy! He was so excited to hear the news that mommy will be teaching at his new school, where he is starting kindergarten this fall! I have an amazing boyfriend, who is a Texas native, meaning we get to travel south often! Additionally, I have a passion for literacy and I am pursuing my master’s in literacy.


We would like to get to know y’all as well!  Please comment and tell us about you and share a link to your blog!  

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome to this awesome world of teacher blogging!! :)

    ReplyDelete